1. – This winter season is all about comfort, ease and style in beautiful neutral or soft tones. Neutral shades combine with soft mints and nude tones for a new look. Classic, natural shades using creams and browns are highly desirable with this fashion. Knitted or crocheted men’s and women’s apparel, kids and babies […]
– “Glamping/ Glamour Camping! The latest trend for the coming Spring/ Summer months. Decorate your camp site or picnic spot with objects like coffee tables, old floor rugs, cushions, lanterns, throws, etc. Crochet gorgeous throws, cushions, pot plant covers and other smaller items in Patons Regal Cotton 4 Ply and Patons Cotton Blend 8 Ply. See the new 16 page Patons book 8022 “Beach Home”.
– Crochet is also the fashion for this Spring/ Summer using the above cotton yarns. Key looks for the season include long or over-sized silhouettes, deep armholes and mesh stitches. Patterns are available for this Mod Victoriana theme evident this summer in easy to wear Motif Tops, crochet Tank Tops, Beach Cover Up, Boho Cardigan and divine Lace Jacket.
– Patchwork is set to become an important trend not only for Summer but also for next Winter too using Patons Regal 4 Ply Cotton. This yarn has an amazing range of colour combinations featured in the new seasons Pattern Books.
– Panda Sparkles is a terrific yarn for Christmas themes and gifts. Teddy Bears and Cats are adorable in this yarn!
– A fantastic Christmas gift for Beginners is the “Official AFL Easy Knit Kit” available for either an Adult or Child Beanie or Scarf. The Kit includes AFL Club Badge, Logo Badge, 14 ply Wool, 7mm Knitting Needles, Wool Needle and Instruction Leaflet.
– When you use a different yarn than what is stated for the Pattern you may need more or less of the original yarn. A lot of knitters think you just need to use the same gram amount but this is not so. You need to work out how many metres per skein is in the original yarn and compare that to the metres in the substitute yarn to work out how many skeins you will need.